Starting your AdSense Journey
Applying to AdSense is a time honored tradition for any new publisher as they embark on their journey to make a few dollars online. There are many guides online to help you get started with AdSense and here at Ad Ops Daily we will distill it all down for you and give you the most important information and tips. AdSense is a powerful monetization tool for publishers because it operates on a hybrid of CPC and CPM ads.
Applying to AdSense can be stressful if you are not sure that your site will be accepted by Ad Ops Daily has you covered with these tips and tricks to apply to AdSense like a pro. A healthy AdSense account is key for long term sustainability as a publisher.
Before Applying to AdSense
Before you apply to Google AdSense, you need to make sure that your site looks clean, has sufficient content and will be acceptable for Google’s advertisers. A common mistake that new publishers without an adsense account make is that they apply too early and get denied quickly by Google.
Steps to Create your first AdSense Account
- Visit https://www.google.com/adsense/start.
- Click Sign up
- Enter your email address.
- Choose if you want AdSense to send you custom help and suggestions. It is reccomended that you do this.
- Click Save and continue.
- Sign in to your Google Account.
- Select your country or territory.
- Review and accept the AdSense Terms and Conditions.
- Click Create account.You’re now signed in to your new AdSense account.
Activate your AdSense Account
According to Google, after you create your AdSense account, the next step is to activate it. The three main steps are:
- Connect your site to Google AdSense,
- Enter your Payment Information
- Verify your phone #
At this point, you really want to be sure that your site is up to AdSense standards or you may be denied.
Regarding the site you submit:
- Make sure your site is live and has enough content for their QA team to evaluate
- Ensure the URL you submitted is correct
- Make sure the site abides by all AdSense policies
- Copy the code exactly as provided on the AdSense homepage
- Place the code between the <head> and </head> tags
Entering your payment details
- Correctly enter your full name – it should match your banking information
- Include the correct postal address of your bank with the zip code included
- The phone # you enter needs to be valid
Setting up AdSense Ads (Auto Ads)
If you want to get Ads up on your site quickly and efficiently, simply use the Auto Ads feature. Auto Ads will scan your site and implement ads in real time for every device.
- Auto Ads are are automatically displayed across your site
- Works with desktop, mobile and tablet devices
- Overall you will have a good mix of ad units, revenue and clean user experience.
Setting Up Standard Ad Units with AdSense
If you are looking for a more custom solution, you can simply create ad units through their interface. We recommend you read an advanced guide to learn more features and specifics on how to implement Google Adsense.
Video: How to Add Google AdSense to Your WordPress Website